On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 at 20:40, Vinzenz Vietzke <v...@vinzv.de> wrote:

> Am 12.09.18 um 15:32 schrieb Dimitar Zahariev:
> > My name is Dimitar and together with few other enthusiasts we are
> > running openSUSE info booths on various events. Currently we cover
> > Bulgaria, Albania, and Serbia (in fact, tomorrow we are traveling to
> > Serbia for BalCCon2k18).
> >
> > I think it would be nice to have such a piece of hardware with us, to be
> > showing it in combination with openSUSE. Because we are not located
> > geographically close, and we speak about multiple events, sending the
> > laptop each time wouldn't be an option I suppose. Do you consider other,
> > long term, options as well? Perhaps a kind of sponsorship, rental,
> > preferential price, and etc.
>
> Hi Dimitar,
>
> I'm not sure how booth stuff is handled at openSUSE. But generally
> speaking it might be good to have a "booth box" which is passed around
> to anyone running booths for openSUSE.
>
> I will talk to my boss and see what we can work out.
>
> Regards,
> vinz.

We don't have centralised booth boxes - they have proven to be
inefficient and too liable to get stuck in customs when shipping
internationally

Instead we have distributed booth boxes full of consumable merchandise
with a few reusable pieces. They get scattered worldwide and entrusted
with advocates who repeatedly represent openSUSE and/or are relatively
'local' to other advocates for easy local redistribution of the box

Dimitar is one such advocate, and a good example of one who certainly
makes sure we're visible in a large geographic region throughout the
year.

Douglas DeMaio typically is the contact point for such booth boxes.

Dimitar, you make a good point, you do so much for us I'd really like
to see if there is something I can do about hardware for your booths.

I'm going to talk to Doug and see if theres any way SUSE can help.

I can't promise anything - getting hardware within SUSE isn't trivial
at the best of times, and currently SUSE is in a short 'stub'
financial year while it changes it's financial year dates, and
preparing for the acquisition.
So the odds aren't in our favour, but I do like the idea.