On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Marcus Rueckert wrote:

> On 2007-04-03 11:48:25 +0200, Richard Guenther wrote:
> > I have splitted off a curl-ca-bundle package and depend on that from
> > libcurl4 now.  For old compat libraries like libcurl3 I'll just depend
> > on /usr/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt instead.
>
> please use package dependencies when possible. they are less trouble
> some than file dependencies.

For old compat package replacements I don't want to introduce the
curl-ca-bundle package but still want the sles9 libcurl2 package be
installable on sles10 where curl can fulfil the
/usr/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt dependency.  It's only to not
require a maintainance update there, otherwise I agree which is why
libcurl4 depends on the package, not the file.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Novell / SUSE Labs