Hello,

On Jul 24 10:46 Lukas Ocilka wrote (shortened):
> I've found that we have a 'licenses' package that contains all
> known/used licenses. The intention seems to be to save some space by not
> including own copy of license in each package but linking it (and to
> clean the system up a bit).
> Could someone, please point me (us) to some documentation, howto?

And in particular some explanation how to make sure that the
license in the 'licenses' package is still exactly the right one
even after whatever kind of update of the referring package.

What I like to point out is that I would not touch any license
if there is no 100% safe automatism which checks that the licenses
are 100% correct in any case.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex