On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 at 18:36, Michael Schroeder wrote:

> You mean a md5 file assertion, like this one?
>
>     Requires: md5(/bin/bash) = 1a721bf3db58ee74b38dbf79408609b3

No, I mean the license package should provide unversioned symbols
consisting of the qualifued names of the license files, because that's
the property that is acually required per the symlinks.

The other package could then do:

Requires: /usr/share/doc/licenses/md5/fd6c32a44ff3cf3efd167ddb697b9eb1

Oh - I just realise that the fully qualified file names of all
contained files are provided by a package anyways, so this would have
the additional benefit, that there is no additional effort in
generating the provides list for the licenses package.

Only the requires list for the other packages would have to be
generated out of the targets of the (hopefully also auto-generated)
symlinks.

cu
        Reinhard