On Wednesday, 22. August 2007, Vladimir Nadvornik wrote:

> > not into the library package, no.
> Why not?
>
> These files would go into /usr/share/doc/<packname>. There should not be
> any conflict as long as there is no conflict in package names.

where <packname> is the one following shared library policy? I guess thats
okay, given that they cannot conflict. we probably even have to add the
LICENSE file for legal reasons even.

In general I would prefer library packages to be as small as possible,
especially if they cannot be avoided. For example right now we have boost
installed because of libzypp, and boost is not properly splitted. libzypp
only requires boost_filesystem (a 71kb library), but the boost package itself
is over 2MB. This 35:1 ratio isn't quite nice.

Greetings,
Dirk

--
RPMLINT information under http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/RpmLint