Hello all,

I've been working for a while on packaging OpenProject
(openproject.org), which is a very interesting fork of Redmine. I've
been putting my packages here:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:matthewtrescott:openproject

As you can see, there are quite a lot of Ruby gem dependencies that I
needed to package as well. Most of them were easy enough with gem2rpm
though. I'd like to contribute my package to Factory eventually but
there are so many packages... I just don't know where to begin. Should
I start making OBS submitrequests to devel:languages:ruby:extensions
for all those dependencies?

I'm also not really sure where the main openproject package
belongs—maybe devel:tools:scm?
The potential sticky spot I can imagine with getting it accepted in
Factory is the Node.js "dependency pack" (I archived the result of
npm12 install). I think there is maybe a precompiled binary or two in
there, which is not ideal. On the other hand, I can't imagine
packaging all those dependencies just to be able to compile
OpenProject's CSS and JavaScript.

I was hoping to get some early feedback on these packages and
suggestions for what I could improve. I know I still need to test
certain things like memcached, remote databases, and non-standard
sockets for Puma to listen on (currently I have a systemd socket unit
with a hardcoded path). Thanks!

Matthew Trescott