I really think your are right saying we must go ahead on
this subject, so I will try to separate it on smaller chunks :-)

The first thing we _must_ do is a "hub" page, viewable on
"opensuse.org" (without any "en", "fr"...).

We need this badly because our goal of making an
international distribution, with multiples localized wikis
make us need a single page common to the whole community,
given anywhere as reference, and this cannot be the english
page.

* we need to make simple (always make simple should be the
main rule :-). So I propose the HUB page to be One image
with around it one clickable place for each local wiki.

can we agree with this first point?

* this central image should be simply the opensuse logo, the
one you can see in the upper left corner of any page, just
resized with full definition to be visible (we can't just
enlarge the icon)

* the total screen size should be 640x480. We don't really
need more for a hub and this should accomodate each and any
world computer. Think to make a usable equivallent for non
graphics browsers and disabled peoples.

* what to use as back images for localized wikis is more
difficult. The simpler way is flags. I understand this is
sometime a problem, but I fail to find a better way. flags
are internationally known, not lizards :-). I can see a
Japanese flag and see there is a japanese wiki, a dragon
with criptics (for me) symbols in it is not good. this pages
is also an advertisement of how international SUSE is :-)

your feeling?

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net