Rajko M wrote:

It looks much better organized, easier to read and more appealing to eye than old one.

not that difficult. Notice that this was not my concern, I only add the distro relevant part of the path in template {{{1}}} and {{{2}}}, in the hope to have only this to translate :-).

In this respect, the new proposed template is not si different from the other (a little, though)

in this table there are two parts that can be "templated":

* as I did, th distribution name in the path. It occures twice, in the path and in the file name

* the text to translate. It's what I meant when I said about "po" file. A po file is roughly a file with the english original text and just below the translation. The programs look at the Locale and take the good po file. Then they parse te code and replace all occurence of the english text by the translated one.

with a template, the first solution (mine) needs only two variables (path and filename), but it relies on the media system, the second is more general, but there are several variables and the wiki don't use true po files

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net