houghi a écrit :
On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 09:47:03AM +0200, jdd wrote:
houghi a écrit :

Is this due to the linespeed or the browser you use. This is done on
purpose. If you can't see the site, you can't run the software. ;-)
not true.

I must type a bigger smiley and explain it is a joke, next time. It was a
joke.

I see it, but others may not :-)

If they hold back the development of SUSE, yes. I am not interested in one
distribution for everybody. If that is 80%, then so be it. I am not
intersted in becoming the largest OS, or be a replacement of Windows or
whatever. I just want the best distribution for me.

here, I think, you should write a smiley. because the best distribution for anyone alone he must have to make it himself.

opensource software like openSUSE is a collective effort. it's an evidence for many that opensource being free if right fitted for poor countries, the opensourceness giving confidence on not having backdoors can be a very thought plus also. Not anybody trust america when america is written Microsoft.

are other distribution specialized in older or lowerend hardware.

I think this is a great mistake. I don't know for sure where will be Africa in the next ten years, but I'm pretty sure China and India will be in the first place. I read somewhere than Idians are already the very first programmers in the hole world (indians originally from india, may be true french or american citizens).

I see all days products of China built under the ISO9000 standards, the best one.

In thouse countries, of course the first grade people work as we do with moderns hardware, but most of the population don't and I'm sure they will appreciate our collaboration.

just look at the list of the new wikis. the majority today is for countries not really in the top ten.

that fits you. That solution must not always be Novell.

why?

one of the strengh of Linux is that with little effort, the same distribution can fit an enormous variety of hardware.

and as long as the ncurse version of yast will exist, openSUSE is one of the best fitted distribution for lowend hardware.

this mean we should probably have a small subset of the wiki on a simpler html site

don't forget today 56k users are to be tomorrow adsl users...

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net