houghi a écrit :

And you believe that the people will still have old hardware? I don't
think so.

I think people will keep using the same products after changing hardware. if, say, thery begin to be confident with debian, they will continue.

if they begin with SUSE, they will also keep SUSE.

Sure they will apreciate the work. That does not mean that we should focus
on haveing SUSE work on all hardware, especially not older hardware and
especially not if it takes away labour from SUSE development.

SUSE already works on this hardware we must only keep it running, not always asking for more memory if not strictly mandatory.

The hardware you keep talking about and what you are pushing is not able
to do the installation, because of e.g. memory problems.

it was able to install 10.0, but not 10.1 alpha (I was saif final is better). We should not let people alone that used our product. two years support don't mean two years computers are too old for us.

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net