On 4/10/07, Robert Lihm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi guys!

first of all, thank you for your nice and helpful suggestions!

After your suggestions, some discussions with my designer-colleague
and some sleepless nights :) ...

... here is a new draft:

http://files.opensuse.org/opensuse/en/9/91/Wiki_mockup.jpg

Please take a look at my drafts for the other sections on http://
en.opensuse.org/User:Rlihm
As the layout was already approved by openSUSE and Novell marketing
we could start with the redesign in the next days/weeks.

I´m looking forward for your comments!

After a little thinking on the http://en.opensuse.org page, I can't
really think of any reasons for keeping the whole of the
furthermost-right colum at all. It lists:
* Areas of Documentation
* Ways in which to communicate
* An extra Tips and Tricks page

All of these are already covered in the left column. Having unncessary
links to just extra sub-sections of those links on the wiki home page
increases clutter, and hence confusion, for new people, I think.

Other links I think shouldn't be there at all (in the left column) are:
* Home (the site logo or the "wiki" link (a little uncomfortable with
naming it that) links to it, anyhow)
* Support Database (should just be under Documentation)
* Contact (that can be somewhere in the disclaimer at the bottom, surely)

I think the whole Participate entry should be deleted and replaced
with a link or something similar. But past that:
* Tasks/Jobs (that should come under Participate)
* Team (under Projects)

By removing these links I really think we can clear things up a little.

Kind thoughts,
Francis.