Hi,

Now http://cn.opensuse.org/ is the Simplified Chinese version of
http://en.opensuse.org/, a lot of volunteers and fans of OpenSUSE
translated many of pages.
But there are a lot of problem:

a) Quality
One word could be translate several different Chinese character by
different people. And when someone translated one page, no others
revise it.

b) Updating
When the pages in English updated, we couldn't follow it. And it's
also hard to find what page in Chinese is correspond with the page in
English.

And I've translated some pages in Ubuntu, I found it's very good.
There are a standard procedure for translating, that include how to
participate to translate, translating standard, and award for
translating, such as if you translate one page they would open a blog
for you.

So I have an idea for translating OpenSUSE

    * Add a translate plan in Welcome page, deleting the indexed plan.
    * Add a translate rocedure page, Require-> Translate -> Revision.
    * Add a WaitforTranslating category, port article from English
pages in en.opensuse.org.
    * Add a WaitforRevising category, so than some and easier to find
what pages need to be revised.
    * Add Translating Standard page.
    * Add wiki basic syntax page, it's for beginners.
    * Add an translating team page.

And I've changed some of these, you can view from http://cn.opensuse.org/
--
Sincerely Yours,