On 7/4/19 1:41 AM, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 03.07.19 um 14:33 schrieb Manfred Hollstein:
I would really appreciate, if the 42.3 repo could be left _as it is_ for
some time, just to ensure new setups based on 15.1 will work properly.> FWIW, I
really wouldn't mind to see new packages/version fail to build
for 42.3, but the one's which are there should remain installable ;)

If we disable building for 42.3 (but don't remove it), this will be the
case. Binaries will stay as-is.

If we keep it enabled, some packages might build, others might fail and
the whole repo state for 42.3 will be inconsistent, so that the risk of
it being uninstallable are much higher.

I'd vote for keeping 42.3 build-disabled, but not removed for some
months. It won't waste many resources that way and still be useful to some.

Sounds reasonable to me.

--
Maurizio Galli (MauG)
Xfce Team