Felix Miata writes:
 > X won't run on xf86-video-intel-2.99.911.1-123.9 on i810E on either Factory
 > with
 > X11:XOrg or Mageia's Cauldron. Is this a known problem upstream? I searched
 > bugzilla.kernel.org and bugs.freedesktop.org without seeing anything on 810
 > point. Is

Maybe because you are the last one who possesses this hardware?
There is very little we can do to help you here. All our i810
hardware we owned has died meanwhile. You may open at ticket on
bugs.freedesktop.org and pester Intel about this.
Your mileage may vary though as Intel may not have this hardware
available for bug verification either.
I'm afraid that once you own hardware that's not mainstream any
more you are pretty much on your own - and you are most likely
the only one who still cares about i810.
So why don't you investigate this yourself and develop a fix?
I'd be happy to review this - sorry I won't be able to test it,
though.
Otherwise - since you verified that the driver is broken and
I'm positive that nobody else (except you?) will care for it
any more - I should be able to safely drop it from openSUSE.

 > there a more general failure on other gfxchips I just haven't run into yet?
 > Is the
 > 810 supposed to be running a different driver than intel post-13.1/1.14.x?

Sorry, I cannot answer this. It's too long since I've looked at
this driver.

Cheers,
        Egbert.
--
Egbert Eich (Res. & Dev.)                SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
SUSE Labs KMS / DRM / X Window System Development