Am Dienstag, 13. September 2005 15:39 schrieb Paul Mansfield:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > What kind of hardware support do I exactly need?

Hi Paul,

xen works (at least on 9.3). I am just configuring it on 10.0 RC1 and I
fond some problems:

- support for serial console seems to be broken: it shows the boot
process of xen and a part of the dom0 boot, but stops at

Linux Plug and Play Support v0.97 (c) Adam Belay
pnp: PnP ACPI init

if I shut down dom0 the rest of the messages from booting are written on
console. So I think it stops on some kind of buffering.

- SuSE created a symlink "/boot/xen.gz" that points to
"/boot/xen-3.0.gz" that itself is a symlink to
"/boot/xen-3.0_6610-2.gz". And grub fails to resolve the double
symlinked file. If you use "kernel (hd0,5)/boot/xen.gz ..." grub says:
file not found. if you use "kernel (hd0,5)/boot/xen-3.0.gz ..." it
works.
BTW: on beta3/4 the linear interrupt mapping works out-of-the-box, in
RC1 I had to put "apic acpi" on the kernel command line, to make it
work.

Still working on it...

-- mdc