Am Mi 21.09.2005 11:50 schrieb IntegraGen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> one important thing : suse is released more or less
> every 6 months
> if i buy a commercial dvd player soft,
> i don't want to pay for it every 6 month,
> i prefer to buy a rpm once once and install it on my new
> system when i reinstall it.

You are right no that one. I think, selling a DVD player seperately
would satisfy everyone:

- SUSE does not include commercial products (except for free ones: Adobe
Reader etc).
- The price for the boxed version does not increase.
- My license works with the next version of SUSE Linux, too.

What Novell would have to do:

- Compile a binary RPM from the OEM version of either LinDVD or PowerDVD
for every release.
- Sell it online

The main problem is that I as a costumer can not get LinDVD nor PowerDVD
as they only sell their product to OEMs. If they would sell it, Novell
would not have to do anything.

Dani