Cheers for the info  : - )

Dan Elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:I haven't used the lite version but I've
used the full version quite a
bit and know the dev team around it pretty well. The fullversion has a
full YaST module for managing everything if you like the gui or great
cli utilities. Profiling applications is trivial compared to trying to
do it with SELinux which is the biggest strength. I can profile a
server in a few hours with AppArmor where it would take a week with
SELinux. It's made by the same devs who worked with the NSA on the LSM
(http://lsm.immunix.org/) so they know what they're doing.
The cool factor is pretty nice when you can show people a firefox
browser than works fine but is profiled such that it can't
read /etc/passwd or other sensitive information. Giving people root
access via ssh is fun as well because you can profile sshd such that
they can only execute 1 or 2 commands and never get anywhere else. I
don't know what the difference between the full and lite version will be
but it's a great tool for locking down a Linux box.
Cheers,
Dan

Security Centre.