Am Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2005 21:42 schrieb Stoyan Tzalev:
> saa7133[0]: registered device dsp0
> saa7133[0]: registered device mixer0
> ALSA sound/core/oss/mixer_oss.c:1274: unable to register OSS mixer
> device 0:0 ALSA sound/core/oss/pcm_oss.c:2440: unable to register OSS
> PCM device 0:0
> I have also checked the module order - and,yes, snd_pcm_oss and
> snd_mixer_oss were loaded _after_ saa7134. I had to reload the
> modules in the right order manually,which is not very convenient...

Hi Stoyan,

sadly, this is not the only place, where this problem occurs. Loading so
called budget modules for DVB-S also fails for the same reason (wrong
order). Others examples:
snd-xxx-modem/snd-xxx
eth1394/ohci_hcd
radeon/agpgart (older)

Sometimes there is a timing problem also: the modules are loaded too
fast, means the initialisation of module "xy" by the kernel isn't yet
finished, but we load module "yxz", that depends on "xy".  Thank's to
RUN_PARALLEL="yes" in /etc/sysconfig/boot the workaround (inserting a
"sleep 1" in /etc/rc.d/boot.loadmodules, does not always work.

-- mdc