Guðlaugur Jóhannesson wrote:

jim wrote:

Adding 'open' did the job but getting /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-wlan setup properly seems to be a problem.
I can get on the internet when I run the above command line.
I deleted the /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-wlan to regenerate a new one through Yast but yast won't let me, because it say's Error: Hardware configuration bus-pci-0000:02:03.0 already exist Choose a different one , I can't go any further inYast to generate a new /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-wlan file.

Here is my config file adopted to your parameters.  You could try that

BOOTPROTO='dhcp'
MTU=''
REMOTE_IPADDR=''
STARTMODE='onboot'
NAME='Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter'
UNIQUE='JNkJ.x2u1_foDyv7'
USERCONTROL='yes'
WIRELESS_AP='2WIRE783'
WIRELESS_AUTH_MODE='open'
WIRELESS_BITRATE='auto'
WIRELESS_CHANNEL='6'
WIRELESS_DEFAULT_KEY='0'
WIRELESS_ESSID='2WIRE782'
WIRELESS_FREQUENCY=''
WIRELESS_KEY=''
WIRELESS_KEY_0='8956231064 open'
WIRELESS_KEY_1=''
WIRELESS_KEY_2=''
WIRELESS_KEY_3=''
WIRELESS_KEY_LENGTH='128'
WIRELESS_MODE='Managed'
WIRELESS_NICK=''
WIRELESS_NWID=''
WIRELESS_POWER='yes'
WIRELESS_WPA_PSK=''
_nm_name='bus-pci-0000:02:03.0'

There has got to be another file in Suse that helps generate ifcfg-wlan where is it. Because the old settings keep coming up in Yast .

Have you looked at ifcfg-eth-bus-pci-0000:02:03.0 ? Just a guess

ifcfg-eth-bus-pci-0000:02:03.0 file doesn't exist on my laptop
Thank you for the ifcfg-wlan file.
Jim