On Monday 31 October 2005 14:04, Andreas Ehmich wrote:

> i already updated to RPMs-100, but the Problem still exists.
> How do you configurate your Network?

I have a Dell server with SuSE 10.0 working fine after installing the latest
Xen RPMs. However I have now tried to get SuSE 10.0 /  Xen working on an AMD
Athlon XP board and I am experiencing the same network problems.

I am guessing that this could be a network card kernel module problem, the
Dell has broadcom Gigabit Ethernet interface if I remember correctly, whereas
the AMD board uses a SIS900 interface. I have tried a 3COM 10/100 card in the
AMD to no effect and if I can find one I intend to try an Intel E100 card as
these are usually well behaved and the kernel modules mature and stable.

Sorry I can't be of any more help but I can vouch that Xen can be got working.
I am putting together my own howto as I've had a lot of problems getting the
network working in DomUs, my answer to which was to disable boot.coldplug in
the runlevel ediitor of the DomU. There are a few other tweaks to go but that
will at least get it working, I still haven't managed to get a swap partition
working in the DomUs so that's on my list.

On a related topic I have purchased a Xen VM from a hosting company and I have
moved my website, email and webmail to there. Performance is brilliant and
the cost is very low. This company is using Xen on Debian stable and it works
well. I still miss YAST, but I'm getting used to apt-get.

David

--
David Bottrill

[EMAIL PROTECTED]