On 1/26/2006 1:14 PM Sonja Krause-Harder wrote:

> I had hoped that one or two of them were lurking on this list and would
> speak up now. Before I "officially" address the other forums I would
> like to know what we, you, the opensuse community would want to offer
> them. Besides, anybody can go to to the forums and invite them to join
> this discussion, you don't need a @suse.de address for that ;-)

I would say it is the job of one official at suse to write to the
forum guys. If everyone of use would invite them there would be a lot
of trouble, people getting invited twice, others not getting invited,...

> Mailing lists with NNTP gateway are fine, and a forum with email
> notification (and maybe even a mail interface, though I haven't seen
> this working so far) is fine too. The difference between web forums,
> lists and newsgroups is not the frontend. We need the opensuse lists for
> coordinating the actual work, and I don't want them rendered unusuable
> by a forum gateway. Yes, that arrogant too, but I'm not talking about
> user support lists here ;-)

ACK.
BTW, will the suse-linux lists stay, or will they get integrated / the
normal opensuse-lists get integrated? Will opensuse stay opensuse or
will it get changed to clear the separation between "normal user
questions" and opensuse-Stuff?

OJ
--
"`You should write a book,'Ron told Hermione as he cut up his
potatoes, `translating mad things girls do so boys can understand them.'"