On Wednesday 15 February 2006 12:20, jdd wrote:
> So I think we need to address this usership. if a people
> uses a Debian on his server, he will use a debian on his
> client... so he must use a SUSE on the server

Will he?

I use Debian and Gentoo on my Sun Ultra 5 - should SUSE make a sparc port
because I have an Ultra 5?  I use OpenZaurus on my SL-5500, should SUSE do
something about that as well?

SUSE, imho, has a target market of people with relatively new hardware, at
most a few years old, and typically towards a higher end.  Other distros,
like Damn Small Linux, are geared towards old hardware, nearing unusable.

You can't have a single distro that does everything, it just doesn't work out
logistically.  If you wanted a SUSE base that was DSL-like in nature, then
customize SUSE and release it - its not that complicated really.

Joseph M. Gaffney
aka CuCullin