Hello,

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
By having an uncompressed rootimage directly on CD, you
might save quite a bit of memory during installation.
A first rough estimate would be 60 MB less which could be
quite noticeable on older hardware. I could be wrong on this.

However, this makes it impossible to switch CDs before reboot.
Would not be a problem. There is a reboot when the first CD is over. But I guess, it's compressed due to space limitations... Bye,

--
CzP
http://peter.czanik.hu/