Hi,

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Pete Connolly wrote:
On Thursday 16 February 2006 19:59, Anders Johansson wrote:
Peter Connolly wrote:

Online update is for delivery of patches and updates from SUSE/Novell on
an 'as-needed' basis.  System update is for moving from say, version 10.0
to 10.1, larger version upgrades.

This is very much not true. If you do use it for this, you will need to
do some serious manual fixing, since it won't be able to handle it on
its own

OK, maybe I've got it wrong, but what is it for?  I've always understood it to
be for moving from one point version to another, e.g. 9.2->9.3 etc.

It's worked for me,

It has NOT worked for you this way.

but I do doubt that its 100% effective , I prefer to do a
reinstallation these days.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED])