Rajko M wrote:

> Not enough people are active, and it will not be better after 10.1 is
> out. Then it comes 10.2, ... , 10.X .

not completely right. any new version add to interest

> So we are on our own to solve how to attract more people to contribute,
> how to advertise existence of openSUSE, make people feel that their
> contributions are worth for opensuse.org.

I added to the Tasks page.

I think that we need to be better indexed in search motors.
We need to be more usefull for the users.

It's good to say how one must download, install (and there
is a lack versus install), bugfix, fine tune it's SUSE Linux.

But people don't install SUSE Linux to play with it (not
only :-).

They install it to _work_ with it.

And we try to attract Windows users, so we need doc to
explain how to make things.

I already wrote french doc about

*dealing with a photo collection
*dealing with video tape editing
*installing a small house Linux server

You begun a GIMP use page (if I understand well)

I can write in english but I'm pretty short to translate
from french to english. So feel free to do so if you can and
if you think it's usefull.

We need whitepapers, we need all sort of things that make
openSUSE valuable :-)

we also need time :-))) but this will have

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net