Christoph Thiel wrote:

>> I'm not sure how easy or difficult this is, but how about a YaST module
>> (either a new one, or integrated into firewall etc) to help people
>> (parents, schools etc) set up child filters for internet browsing and
>> e-mail. I'm told that this currently involves quite a bit of fooling
>> around with squid-proxy and postfix, which makes it (and consequently
>> SUSE) unattractive for at least one market segment
>
> That seems to make a lot of sense to me. I'll add it to
> http://en.opensuse.org/Summer_of_Code_2006

Yep, interesting idea. Wouldn't be that difficult to implement
actually, it would be a configuration frontend for blocking rules in
Squid (+ possibly transparent proxy configuration through
SuSEfirewall2 to enforce HTTP requests to go through Squid).

+ implement a protocol and a sample implementation of a website
blacklisting system (similar to Razor for spam or DenyHosts for SSH)
through a central website or even a P2P architecture

> For that matter, I'd love to see a YaST module for configuring SUSE Linux
> to act as a terminal server (like LTSP, e.g.).

Good idea as well ;)

--
  -o) Pascal Bleser     http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/
  /\\ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>