On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 01:47:37PM +0200, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
> Perhap a simple architecture could be designed to update the avilable known
> blacklists. But in any case I think we should implement a new blacklist
> architecture for the internet.

If there is such a list, just use it as an add on to the proxy server.
That said, blacklisting won't work. If you want to protect your children
from seeing things you do not want them to see there is only one thing:
Guidence.
Well, another way of babysitting through technolagy and avoiding your
resposability is tio use whitelisting.

I see these lists like firewalls. A bad firewall closes everything that is
not allowed in. A good firewall opens everything that is allowed in.

houghi
und Arbeit,  und das Sein wichtiger als das Tun
                                        - Johannes Müller-Elmau