On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 08:20:53PM +0100, Thomas Hertweck wrote:
> But maybe Novell was already planning for the future and there is a good
> reason for calling this process "registration"... ;-)

So how would you call the process then where a system registers data, like
the data that is collected by SUSE?

I can help you out:
>From Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0 [moby-thes]:

  25 Moby Thesaurus words for "registration":
     booking, cataloging, chronicling, enlistment, enrollment, entering,
     entry, filing, impanelment, indexing, inscribing, inscription,
     insertion, inventorying, itemization, listing, logging,
     matriculation, posting, record keeping, recordation, recording,
     register, registry, tabulation

I like "recordation" best because it sounds so much like 'New Speech'.
What you are actually saying is "registration" always is the registration
of people and will be used in a bad way.

If that is the case, welcome to 1984, because it already is too late.

houghi
und Arbeit,  und das Sein wichtiger als das Tun
                                        - Johannes Müller-Elmau