søndag 21 maj 2006 12:33 skrev Janne Karhunen:
> Is the same team responsible for the greatest regression in 10.1
> that adding new installation sources fails most of the time :/ ?
> Do you already have a BZ entry of this?

I think this is a bit off topic, but..

If you had tried the packagemanagement (rug/zen/yast) a month ago you would be
amazed that it almost works now.

My handling of this issue is (1) report bugs/give feedback and thus help get
it right for 10.2, (2) primarily use Smart for package management and (3)
warn noobs that 10.1 is sort of an interim release - as far as
packagemanagement goes - to avoid that this release does serious damage to
the good and respected (by sane, mature people at least) SUSE name.

On topic (bit of a flamebait, sorry can't resist):
As I understand it the supplementary repos often contain packages that the
packagers do on their own time. Guess that would imply that the GNOME guys
don't care as much about the users as the KDE people do.

I certainly can say that I'm extremely happy about the people keeping KDE
supplementary very up to date. Great work!

Martin / cb400f