Mandag 05 juni 2006 00:58 skrev Randall R Schulz:
> > We have to fight against this - the alternative is worse. We already
> > have people thinking that SUSE and OpenSUSE are two different distros
> > (including Randall apparently). ...
>
> I've written nothing that would suggest such a misunderstanding.

You wrote:
"The only thing I can think of that would be off-topic here (besides
non-technical issues, of course) is non-open-source software, which is
strictly in the commercial Novell / SuSE Linux release."

The box-set, the non-oss-inst-source/cd6-addon etc. would not be off topic.
Actually we had a very long discussion once about moving pico and pine to
non-oss - that wasn't OT.

SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop would be OT though.

Maybe this extract from the OpenSUSE.org frontpage will clarify things:

"Here at openSUSE.org, you'll find a community of developers, end users, and
other open source enthusiasts who all have the same goal in mind. We work
together to create and distribute the world's most usable Linux. There are
many ways you can participate in the openSUSE project."

What we try do here is discuss things that have to do with creating and
distributing SUSE Linux.

If another mailinglist has been created for a more specific purpose - that
purpose would be off-topic here, for example:

Tech support for released version which is on suse-linux-e

Technical questions and feedback for development version which is on
opensuse-factory

Martin / cb400f