On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 02:26:00AM +0200, houghi wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 07:09:52PM +0200, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
> > Here is a gzipped tar archive with an old hypermail archive from
> > lists.suse.com:
> >
> > http://lists4.opensuse.org/1997-Aug.tar.gz
> >
> > Here are links to some hypermail to mbox scripts:
> >
> > http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/lists/mhonarc/oct98/msg00055.html
> > http://www.tifaware.com/perl/hm2mbox/
> > http://www.bayesianinvestor.com/hypetombox.pl
>
> After running "./hypetombox.pl -a -d 1997-Aug/ -m mbox.mbox" all you need
> to do is convert the following lines:
> >From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Bogus date
> Date: 1 Aug 1997 00:00:56 +0200

> >From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Fri Aug 1 00:00:56 1997
> Date: 1 Aug 1997 00:00:56 +0200
>
> No idea how to do it, so if somebody beats me in time to do it (or finds
> an other solution) please don't hesitate to give the solution.

OK, I have an extremely slow working script. What you can do are two
things.
1) edit ./hypetombox.pl and especialy the lines with $received in it.
This would be the best option. Unfortunatly I am unable to do it. I can
guess what things mean and it did not produce anythin workable. :-(

2) edit the *.html files and then especially the lines above.
I have something working, but it is sloooooooooow. It works, but slow. Two
directories a total of 1m41.389s
The script I have made also converts each directory to a $DIR.mbox file.

It is available at http://houghi.org/script/SUSEmail.sh

It should be enough info to change it into something fast.

houghi