On 6/10/06, Adrian Schröter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I did not really find out, if the opensuse-project mailing list suggestion was
liked or not.

Yes I think the list is liked, we just need to make sure that the name
is the most descriptive.

As the openSUSE Project creates a distribution, maybe we shouldn't
call it 'opensuse-project' as we will have another Randall pointing
out that we don't discuss what the project is creating.

What about one of:

opensuse-management    (although someone will subscribe asking how to
manage SUSE Linux)
opensuse-meta   (My favourite as it is obscure and nobody would dream
of subscribing :-)
opensuse-core  (Adrian's suggestion in later post - this actually
makes sense as the topic of this new list is what the Core Team is
concerned about, and a lot of the other teams wiki, doc, build etc
have specific lists)

and it is should definitely not be called opensuse-community

Pflodo
Peter Flodin

Please protest now, if you think it does not make sense to found this list or
the list name is wrong.

Does it make sense to create this list ?
I would think the following would fit the description:

Discussion about project direction and infrastructure issues. This is no list
for any distribution (SUSE Linux or others) related topics.

bye
adrian

PS: yes, I think houghi will be very welcome on this list. Even though some
people critises his style, he is in any way an important contributor (I think
no one disagreas here). It is also our topic to find a working style which
fits for the majority of people. And believe me, it is also hard for me.

--

Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany