Andreas Hanke wrote:
Hi,

Rajko M schrieb:
But I could imagine a list only for approved subscribers, for example
opensuse-core or something like this.
Probably the only way to keep things on topic :-)

Why? Where the hell are all these off-topic posts everyone seems to talk
about?

Seriously: I don't remember an unacceptable amount of off-topic posts on
this list. Of course there are some of them, but some of them will
_always_ be there. This is implied by being "open". I remember maybe 10
off-topic posts with technical questions this month and a *huge* load of
meta-discussions about them. Most traffic on this lists doesn't come
from off-topic posts, it comes from discussions about the discussions.

Why do we need to keep this list 100% "clean"? It will never be. If
there's a technical question and the answer is a one-liner, why not just
answer it in one line instead of having endless meta-discussions, plans
about what to change, how to send people away, how to close the doors etc.?

And of course it will be necessary as openSUSE grows.

Why? Do we really want to make openSUSE closedSUSE again? Why is it
needed? What do other open projects do with off-topic posts? Do they
really close the doors? Just ignoring them if they are "too off-topic"
or just answering them if it doesn't hurt too much might be an option.

IMHO there is no problem with too many off-topic posts => Nothing needs
to be changed. A classical WORKSFORME, in Bugzilla terms.

Andreas Hanke (knowing that this is yet another meta-discussion)

Andreas,

- you are right about amounts of meta discussions,
- I support idea of not being too strict, but still keep some order,
- not completely right about "core" list (see below)

- but please note that my remark was with a smilie at the end.

And, yes some core stuff has to be talked behind closed doors, like when is planed expedition to Himalaya bottom, who is going to pay for travel, or even more serious problem of cosmic dust influence on grass growth. (missing smilie, but ...)

So now when is sorted out off topic fuss, what you have to say to the topic:"Do we need opensuse-project list?"
I think that we do.

--
Regards,
Rajko.