T. Lodewick wrote:

SOTL schrieb:
Silviu Marin-Caea wrote:

On Monday 07 August 2006 15:52, Per Jessen wrote:

Would you care to elaborate?  Whether or not an enterprise uses SLED or
openSUSE is only a matter of IT policy, not features nor anything else.
The above would be nice if it were true but it is not true.

OpenSuSE does not contain any non open source programs ie ones that may
not be used without paying royalties.

SLED is a commercial program which does contain non open source programs
ie ones in which one must pay royalties to use.

If you do not need the non open source programs then of course they are
then equivalent but if of course you need such programs to make your
system work then they are not equivalent.

Last I heard most win modem programs are non open source.

That would seem to imply that if one wanted a laptop to use its internal
to connect to the internet and that one was not a geek then would need
to purchase SuSE.

Apparently it is very difficult for people to understand that there are
two ways of making an operating system work - become a geek or pay a
geek to do the work.

If one has different interest say is a medical doctor et then one feel
of expertise is not being a geek meaning that it is preferable to pay
someone else to be the geek.

Realize OpenSuSE is a geek thing.

SLED is a non geek thing. That is the program that geeks sell to non
geeks who have no desires to be a geek so that the geeks can buy non
geek things like food and bear.

Very simple stuff. No sale of non geek programs to non geeks then the
geeks do not get to eat or drink bear.

can U ( or someone on the list ) translate that into a small term to the
point what you wnated to say with it ? I can't get the point of view.

thanks,
JBScout aka Thomy

Keep trying by reread the abovr.

If your are still confused ask any non geek and let them explain it to you.

I have done my best to and there is a complete failure to comprehend.