Andreas Hanke wrote:

Hi,

SOTL schrieb:
Something is drastly wrong here.

Mandrake 10.1 commerical which is over 3 years old has the programs
required to make Thinkpad wind modems work and they do work..

SuSE 10.1 commerical does not have such programs and it is only 3 months
old and it does not work.

Continuing like this is pointless.
Not really

I am not trying to solve a technical issue by these posting..

I am trying to solve a SuSE structural issue of why was the technical issue was not solved during development.

Why after SuSE being notified with bug notifications in 9.2, 10.0 and alpha, and beta is there still issues with the same device in 10.1

WHICH modem is it? There are different ThinkPads with different modems.

Please install SUSE, execute "/usr/sbin/hwinfo --modem" and post the
output here.

This will show us which modem it is, which kernel module it needs and
then we can jointly investigate why it is not included.

Andreas Hanke
All I can do this week is bitch. I have other technical issues to solve first.

This thread started on a fortunate or unfortunate publication of a news article.

If it had not been for that article I would have started this completely differently next week.

If this list list is the inappropriate location for airing such gross system failures send me the URL, address, or contact information Senior Vice president of the group in which the idiot that is responsible for this incompetence resides. It is hard to believe that something that worked 3, 5, 10 years back is now so unfunctional.