On Sep 12, 06 21:10:24 +1000, Peter Flodin wrote:
> On 9/12/06, jdd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >I'm always surprised to see how it can be difficult to do
> >simple tasks in Linux :-(
> >
> >I had to draw a rectangle (simple black frame) on a photo.
> >This is done on the other system by any paint program,
> >beginning with the default one.
>
> So maybe you can get MS Paint to run under Wine, and everything is solved.
>
> In Gimp, a black border is actually very easy, because there is a
> plugin extension (installed by default)
>
> Script-Fu->Decor->Add Border
This, if your border shall add to the size of the image, or

An overlay border that covers portions of the image:

Select->All
 (optional Select->Rounded Rectangle)
Edit->Stroke Selection
 (*) Stroke with paint tool: Paintbrush

Yeah, this is too complicated for beginners.
Some kind soul please list 'all the simple things that should be simple'
and file an enhancement bug so that more script-fu macros can be created.

        cheers,
                Jw.

--
 o \  Juergen Weigert  paint it green! __/ _=======.=======_