I've had the same thing happen with two 10.1 installs; I wiped the laptop, but left the desktop- I'll have to check that when I have a moment.

          Thanks,

               John

steve reilly wrote:

On Saturday 28 October 2006 15:09, John Meyer wrote:
hi,

if you are using 10.1, have you done the "online update configuration" in yast yet?

if not, thats is why.

you will need to run that config, it takes a long time, and gives the appearance that nothing is happening, but it really is. just wait patiently, when it is done, it will say online update has been configured with whatever server is closest to you.

then update your zen updater in the taskbar, and only choose the libzyyp update at first. dont do any of the rest of them. when libzypp update is done, then do the rest..

be forewarned........ there are problems with 10.1 updates

DO NOT expect it to work as it should.

Every time I open it up to do an update, it shows me a whole bunch of
updates, yet downloading and installing them does not seem to work.
They don't download, and I am presented with the same list again and again.