On Saturday 28 October 2006 16:50, John wrote:

Hi,

I would never want to discourage anyone wanting to try again, especially with
10.1, Im on my 5th fresh install, and finally got it working the way I want
it, (now for about 2 months).  Suse does alot of things right, this is just
one of the things that was done wrong.  Otherwise an excellent distro.

>   I've had the same thing happen with two 10.1 installs; I wiped the
> laptop, but left the desktop- I'll have to check that when I have a moment.
>
>            Thanks,
>
>                 John
>
> steve reilly wrote:
> >On Saturday 28 October 2006 15:09, John Meyer wrote:
> >hi,
> >
> >if you are using 10.1, have you done the "online update configuration" in
> > yast yet?
> >
> >if not, thats is why.
> >
> >you will need to run that config, it takes a long time, and gives the
> >appearance that nothing is happening, but it really is.  just wait
> > patiently, when it is done, it will say online update has been configured
> > with whatever server is closest to you.
> >
> >then update your zen updater in the taskbar, and only choose the libzyyp
> >update at first.  dont do any of the rest of them.  when libzypp update is
> >done, then do the rest..
> >
> >be forewarned........ there are problems with 10.1 updates
> >
> >DO NOT expect it to work as it should.
> >
> >>Every time I open it up to do an update, it shows me a whole bunch of
> >>updates, yet downloading and installing them does not seem to work.
> >>They don't download, and I am presented with the same list again and
> >> again.

SuSE Linux 10.1 ~ Kernel  2.6.16.21-0.25-smp #1 ~ Kmail 1.9 ~

Registered Linux user: 412217
http://reillyblog.com
  5:20pm  up 6 days 18:13,  2 users,  load average: 0.57, 0.83, 0.84