Hi,

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 09:00:42AM +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

My host only has IDE. Why I am using sda is beyond me. I thought for a
moment my drive was SATA for a moment but it is not. There is a big
problem here.

I had a similar surprise: ata_piix was selected instead of piix, resulting in
/dev/sda instead of /dev/hda.

Note that the kernel people are pushing towards libata for all ATA devices,
so the future (say, 10.3) will be sd*/sr* instead of hd*.

Maybe some udev magic should be inserted to let those device nodes
appear as /dev/hd* again.

Yast should actually handle such an upgrade case.

It does not.
I had to edit /mnt/etc/fstab by hand to be able to continue.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED])