Op maandag 13 november 2006 02:18, schreef John Andersen:
> On Sunday 12 November 2006 13:00, Marcel Broekman wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > When tring to install a "guru" package with smart, I get the following:
> >
> > ----------------
> > The above GPG key has been imported successfully.
> > It is required to install this package:
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > What's up with that? I don't understand..... Could someone explain what I
> > should do to get this going?
>
> There has been a great deal of flakyness with key servers of late.  Some
> have become totally unresponsive.  I've had to switch my default
> key server a couple times lately, currently using
> hkp://blackhole.pca.dfn.de which seems to work fine.
>
> If you have an unreliable default key server, the calling process will
> often time out before GnuPG coughs up the key.

Hi John,

I had already upgraded to the latest version of smart, like Bob suggested, but
that didn't help, so now i'm trying to find a way to change the default key
server ;-) How is this done? I couldn't find any relevant configuration file
(for regular users this would be ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf, but that doesn't exist
for root?).

cheers, Marcel