From: HG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: opensuse@opensuse.org
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2006 1:41:41 PM
Subject: [opensuse] VMware with SUSE 10.1 as guest - how to install VMtools?

Hi!

I'm running the free VMware server on windows. And trying to install
SUSE 10.1 64bit there. Well, it's installed. But I can not get the
VMtools to install.

I selected to Install the tools from the menu. After that I get the
rpm on the SUSE. I try to install that with Yast (for instalnce by
entering yast -i {name of the file}.rpm)

But no go. It's still saying that "you do not have VMware tools installed."

Have you guys been able to install those? How? What am I doing wrong?

--
HG.