Same problem on 5 installs with SLES10 x86 and SUSE 10.1 x86.  Not sure if I
saw the problem on the x86_64 installs.

The systems were socket AM2 AMD 4200+ HE  and an AMD Opteron socket 1207s.
The problem only becomes apparent after performing the online update.  Prior
to that everything seems to be working normally.

I've used PS2 and USB keyboards as well as mice.  The problem does get
hidden if I disable key repeat (both KDE and GNOME), but that doesn't seem
to be a real solution to the problem.

-Alain.