On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 14:48:36 +0100, Clayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Personal Settings -> Peripherals -> Keyboard

increase the keyboard delay to ~700msec

and OK

That is not a solution.. it's a poor quality (unacceptable) workaround
to a fundamental problem.

Why can other kernels (of the same build/version) provided by other
distros/people work fine, yet anything from the SUSE builds is bugged
by this keyboard repeat problem?  I hope, when I get home tonight,
that I am able to contribute a little to the bug that has been opened
on this. :-(

C.

I have the same problem with any kernel newer than the default supplied with 10.1. Increasing the keyboard delay didn't help if I recall correctly. There are more than just the keyboard going nuts, however. Everything relating to timing seems to be broken, games (Torcs) doesn't work well, multimedia playback is distorted and the system clock slows down. All these problems increase in severity with increasing system load. If I use the clock as a screensaver, I can see the clock advance 3 seconds and then jump
back a second or two.

I'm still using the default kernel on this system, hoping 10.2 will fix it..