On 2006/11/28 15:39 (GMT+0100) Carlos E. R. apparently typed:

 > The Tuesday 2006-11-28 at 08:37 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:

>> Not sure how you figured it has a mistake and not be able to tell what
>> it is. Mine's considerably simpler:

> Because last time I let Yast touch grub, when I updated to 10.1, my system
> would not boot. I had to overwrite the MBR from a backup using 'dd'. Now,
> when I boot, it says the message file has a format error and to press a
> key, throwing me into the text screen boot menu instead of the nice
> graphical one. I have tried replacing that message file from another
> install to no avail.

NAICT, /etc/grub.conf is nothing but configuration information for
grub-install, not for using grub to boot. Grub's menu configuration
lives in /boot/grub/menu.lst, unless you're using Fedora or RedHat.
--
"Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven."
                                                Matthew 5:12 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409