On Wed December 13 2006 18:23, Dan Chesmore wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 18:06 -0800, Curtis Rey wrote:

> > > Thanks Sorin.  Much anticipated news - let's hope there's no major
> > > cludge.
> > >
> > > Cheers, Curtis.
> >
> > Nope!  Install went ok, or so it seemed.  But it reverts to Mesa for dri.
> >
> > glxinfo | grep render
> > direct rendering: No
> >             GLX_ATI_pixel_format_float, GLX_ATI_render_texture
> >     OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
> >
> > I'll check the logs.  The xorg conf looks ok, glx and dri are in the
> > modules section and the driver section does indeed have fglrx as well.
> >
> > One thing that I note is that the rpm generated refers to 7.1 if I'm
> > reading it right.  fglrx_7_1_0_SUSE102-8.32.5-1.i386.rpm
> >
> > I'll post if I find out anything relevant.
>
> It worked for me:
>
> direct rendering: Yes
>     GLX_ATI_pixel_format_float, GLX_ATI_render_texture
> OpenGL renderer string: RADEON XPRESS Series Generic

I get this when running fgl_glxgears:

Using GLX_SGIX_pbuffer
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  159 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  35

My card is a 9600XT, sounds like your running on-board ati chip?  Or is it
PCI-X.

Because you got yours running doesn't mean much considering the difference in
chipsets.  Previously using 10.0 I had no problem whatsoever in this arena
<shrugs>.

Cheers, Curtis
- --
Spammers Beware: Trespassers will be shot,
survivors will be shot again!

Like the song say: "Everything's 'Zen'... I don't think so"!