On Wednesday 13 December 2006 17:43, Michael Comperchio wrote:
> I didn't get a chance to thank mike t. for the directions for video....and
> I can't reply 'cuz I had a rm -r issue (who have thunk I'd been dumb enough
> to leave that drive mounted under that directory......).
        Early on in my computer science career I learned the hard way to never
remove
anything. Yeah, I'm serious. Never *delete* anything. ... oh, rename it, move
it, archive it, copy it, stare at it... but never, and I mean never, remove
anything... unless you have to... and then do something besides remove it.
(corollary: never work as root...)

> Is it at all possible to have both the wlan0 and eth0 interfaces running?
        Yes. Its an excellent way to bridge a wired and a wireless network.

> Oh yeh...whilst I'm at it.... How come, even though I've created the
> aliases with ndiswrapper -m, I still have to open a term and execute
> modprobe ndiswrapper?
        Modules must be loaded... this is usually done with scripts... once you
get
the ndiswrapper working, then you place the modprobe for ndiswrapper into one
of your startup scripts.

> I guess I'm gonna have to get on Amazon and order a book eh? any good
> recommendations?
        Running Linux
        Linux Cookbook
        Linux in a Nutshell

> Thanks guys.... BTW, how on earth do you guys keep up with all the
> throughput on this marvelous list?
        Filters dude...

        ... and a lot of reading.

--