HG a écrit :
Hi!

I have a test server that is running 10.0 and it does not have a
CD/DVD drive. It does however have a floppy drive (but it's not used
and unclear if it is even connected :-)

So, how do I update that 10.0 to 10.2? I have another 10.0 on the
network as well as 10.2 in a VMware and I can use those both to help
here. But I have no idea how to do this. If I open "System update"
from YaST, it want's to update my system to 10.0... which is what I
want to update from! (And further more, it says it wants to update 17
packages even though I just updated everything with smart...)

I searched to OpenSUSE site/wiki for instructions on how to update old
version of openSUSE to newer one. I could not find the information. I
know, I'm probably blind and just didn't see it. Please, can somebody
point me to the right direction?

the best way, IMHO is to copy the files /boot/.../linux and initrd from any install cd/dvd of opensuse on a partition you wont erase in the install process (do this by the net, these files are probably downloadable also)

then start them with the grub boot of 10.0, you will be in the install yast and can install from the net.

better you keep your 10.0 around and use an other partition for the new install

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO