Hi there Thibaut,

I faced a similar situation some days ago with my CPU(s)... both cores seemed
to be just relaxing and watching the life go by... I made some tests and I saw
them working at full-speed... so my worries no longer exits (by now).

Currently I don't use KPowersave as my box isn't a laptop and the system is
plugged to the socket on the wall (actually to the UPS).

You can test how your CPU is acting by compiling whatever you feel like and
taking a look at /proc/cpuinfo like this:

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo  (I'm only showing info for one core)
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 43
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 1000.000
.
.
.

as you can see, it's quite relaxed...

But when a compilation takes place...

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 43
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 2200.000
.
.
.

they throttle to full speed ahead :-)

The clock frequency may vary as well depending on the system load.

HTH,
Martin