Hello,

I installed the Nvidia graphics driver software for the openSUSE 10.2 on my
computer. My updated system worked for a while. => I was also notified about
changes by the program "softwareupdater". I installed those "recommended"
updates.

I have noticed a few quirks while viewing a video in the Firefox browser. I
shutdown the corresponding Gnome session. When I tried to login again a bit
later, I have noticed that the mouse pointer did not move. My mouse MX™
600 previously worked also with the setting "MX310". (If I remember it
correctly, it was autodetected as unknown device type 127 before my manual
adjustment for the hardware "Cordless Desktop".)
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/DE/EN,CRID=2162,CONTENTID=10709

I was stuck with navigation by keys. So I switched to the command line to reset
the expected values.
(It was an unpleasant experience to move through the input fields with the tab
key. Some accelerators/access keys seemed to get ignored.)
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:X_Server_Configuration_with_SaX2_%288.1_or_Higher%29
/root> init 3
[...]
/root> sax2 -r

I have noticed a few moments later that the entry "<none>" was shown for the
mouse and a Microsoft model was displayed for the keyboard. I set the
appropriate values.
The monitor details were also surprising. The diagonal size was 15.1 inch with
57 Hz as highest refresh rate. But my Plug-and-play monitor is really 17" with
more capabilities. The recommended configuration test was presented at a
resolution of "1280 x 1024" at 85 Hz. I saved this setting.
But when I returned to the login screen, the intended "correction" had no
effect. Would anybody like to direct me to a way out of this annoying situation?

Regards,
Markus