On Thursday, 4 January 2007 06:35, James Knott wrote:
> Mark Goldstein wrote:
> >
> > I've checked it on my laptop with OpenSuSE 10.2 and it works
> > exactly as Mathias wrote: F3 on Grub screen allows profile
> > selection.
>
> Well, there's at least a couple who find it doesn't work.  Where
> can we look for a likely cause of this problem?

And the F3 does work for us on some machines (not all), but that was
not the original problem I asked about. In previous versions one
could manually add the parameters (i.e., PROFILE=profile_name) into
GRUB's menu.list, thus building a nice boot menu for different
environments. Those parameters are ignored in 10.2, which means
training users that there will be a different way to boot the laptop
(and more calls to the help desk, frustration for end-users: not a
pretty situation).

No roll-outs of 10.2 for us to laptop end-users until this gets
resolved....